Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Stress and Trying to Stay on Track

Hmmmm....Those two things in the same heading seem impossible.  I am an all or nothing kind of person which often times causes difficulty in my daily life.  While at work, I am able to successfully multi task, in my personal life I struggle.  I have diabetes, bipolar, kids with ADHD, a house to keep up, and now some medical problems for my dad. 

Dad has always been the healthy one in the family.  However, shockingly, he has been ill for a couple of months with a supposed case of pneumonia.  Recently, we have discovered that it's not pneumonia but rather heart problems.  He is suffering from an artery that is half blocked and a valve this is stuck open.  We, as a family, are facing open heart surgery and the long recovery that accompanies it. 

However, in previous posts, I have talked about self care and the importance of doing so.  Yet, once again, I have tossed some of that out the window.  I find myself having to make intentional thoughts behind doing what should be routine.  Be it testing or taking my medication.  Or, the most important is my journey to a healthier me.  This has really taken a back step.  While by some magic, I have maintained, that is not my goal.  I am looking down my nose at 20 lbs and want to get there! 

At home, we have sought some counseling for my precious daughter.  She is struggling at school this year and we wanted to make sure we are covering all our bases.  We found what seems to be an excellent counselor.  She is young and fun and best of all she had a STUFFED TURTLE in her office.  Mackenzie loves turtles.  lol

So, today, I reach out to my support group.  I have emailed my weight loss buddies with complete transparency.  I know it's time to jump back in the saddle whether the horse is bucking or not. 

So, here I am, in all my glory.  Jump starting my life once again.  I know all will be fine, just have to remember the oxygen mask story my counselor has taught me.  You cannot help others on the plane until you have your own oxygen mask on.  Thanks for listening.

Take care and God Bless!

1 comment:

DiAnna said...

Can't believe I missed this blog! Glad I saw it. You have accomplished a lot already and it is a human response to put others first that we love. What you struggle with, I have struggled with and used it as an excuse to veer off course. Good news is you are sensing the road has changed way before you are off course now. So, just a little tweak and boom you are back on course. 20 is coming! I can feel it. keep strong and focus on you!

Amazing how much more helpful we are for others when we are at our best selves!!!

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...