Wednesday, November 18, 2015

2 MONTHS??? Really

Wow....I knew it had been awhile since I had posted but didn't realize it had been quite that long.  Let's see....what's been going on.  More of the same. I am still on my journey to a healthier me.  My current weight is 191.4.  Slowly but surely I am approaching 20 lbs of weight loss.  When I began this journey, it didn't seem possible.  But wow.....20 lbs is a huge accomplishment!  The funny thing with weight loss is it's like when you watch your kid grow.  You don't always notice the changes yourself until someone points it out.  Well, I am proud to say I am up to 8 people that have commented on my transformation outside of the house.  That makes me feel good.  In fact, one was just yesterday.  I needed that boost.  I have been going through the motions for about two weeks and was feeling beat down.  But to know that I am still making a difference is fabulous.  I reached out to one of partners in crimes, my sister, whom I look up to.  Not that you want anyone else to suffer, but it was somewhat nice to hear she struggles too.  As a human being, we are prone to thinking that we are alone and the only one that "fails"  As I grow in this journey, I realize these failures are just temporary bumps.  Bumps that can sometimes be prevented but never the less just a bump.  Here at work, I have another accountability partner when it comes to diet.  I have known her for a long time and always thought man she must have it easy being so skinny.  Guess what?  She doesn't.  She craves too!  She has a tough time at home too!  Again, just another example of the journeys we are all on.  Setting goals.  Well, I am a goal setter and work well on a reward system.  I know, kind of childish, but it works for me.  The important thing to know is that goals must be flexible and fluid.  It's interesting to visit with others in different legs of their journeys and see where they are at with goals.  Some of us are focusing on fitness.  Some of us are focusing on diet.  Some of us are focusing on sugar/carb intake.  Some of us are in strength training mode.  There is one key word through all of that.  Focus, Focus, Focus.  For me, I like to multi-task focus.  I think I can do all of it at the same time.  Then, what happens is I say I can't do it all, I'm not going to do anything.  I guess I'm trying to say, don't beat yourself up for slacking in an area.  Jump back in the saddle, we got this!

Until next time....take care and God Bless!

1 comment:

DiAnna said...

Like the quote from karate kid "your focus needs more focus!" It is so hard to stay attuned to one thing when life constantly interrupts. I feel it and you do too but we are staying in the fight. That is the most important part of it. Never give up. And you haven't! The 18's are coming! Hang in there :)

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...