Monday, May 4, 2015

An area of sanctuary....maybe


 
So, I love the sound of water.  It's very relaxing.  Yes indeed.....a time to relax and enjoy.  Wait a minute?  It's going to take me how long to get this area ready?  That's right.  For those that know me, I am, well, umm, a little more of a couch potato than a gardener. (Much to the dismay of my sister and mother)  But, I decided I would throw in the shovel and give it a whirl.  I spent a little more than 4 hours outside digging up weeds and old mulch.  After all of that, this is the result.  Pretty snazzy if I do say so myself!  Unfortunately, I was bit by a bug while I was out there.  I think it was called a gardening bug.  While I didn't enjoy all the tough work, I am really proud of the results and think I might have to do it a little more frequently.  For now though, I shall enjoy the peaceful sound of water and enjoy my little mini sanctuary!  :-)

3 comments:

Mom & Pop said...

Well it is about time...LOL Little did you know that when you are either with Di or I, we have been infecting your mind with the want to garden. HA HA. See how good we are. You know you come from a long line of farmers. I love the feel of dirt in my hands and planting something and watching it grow. Guess that must be the farmer in me also. I am glad you found a little place for a mini sanctuary all your own.

Keep up the good work..

Love,

Mom & Pop

DiAnna said...

It looks fantastic and I knew it was only a matter of time with you. Now, the first time you plant something new and it doesn't die (surprise!) it will draw you in more. For the record, I killed almost everything I put in the ground for 6 months before something lived. So that is your record to beat. Let's go!

DiAnna said...

One more thing...tell Neal a sanctuary needs a bench or swing! :)

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...