Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My Vision Boards

As you all know, I have been working my way through a healthy life transformation.  There have been many aspects of life that have made it possible to stay on the path.  One of these is through a facebook accountability group hosted by a personal trainer Shannon.  She and I got connected through a friend here at work.  The group is all about support through the yays and the nays!  Recently, Shannon talked about making a vision board.  These boards are about what you visualize your life being and where you are in life.  I thought it was a great idea to increase my daily encouragement.  Here is how they turned out:


 
The vision board is to show me where I was, where I am, and where I WILLLLLL be!

My goal board is different.  I have several aspects of life that spin together to help this transformation.  They are family, diabetes, marriage, and exercise among others.  I set short term and long term goals around them and assigned a timeline.  I read a quote that said A dream is just a dream until it's written down....then it becomes a goal.  So, for me here they are spelled out:
Family: I will vow to eat at home at the table 4x a week minimum.  By doing this, I will teach my children lessons for life about the importance of family time and helping in the kitchen.
Diabetes: I will text 2x nightly at home and 5x on weekend days.  By doing this, I have set my goal to see my A1C below 8.0 by April 16.  It was currently 9.8
Marriage: I vow to read my Love Dare Devotional Daily.  By doing this, I plan on celebrating 18 years of marriage with a trip to Branson as a couple.
Exercise:  I vow to workout a minimum of 5x a week.  By doing this, I will build up my endurance to reach to goals.  Running on a treadmill at 3.7 by June 1 and participating in my first 5K in September.
Weight Loss:  A number is just that.  So, I vow to measure my goal through measurements, clothing, and how well I feel.  By concentrating on the steps above, I plan on seeing a weight in the 180's by the end of February.
 
I went to a visit at my primary care dr yesterday.  I had not been since November of 2014.  At that time, I weighed in at 238.  Today I am 194.  I didn't realize how much weight I had lost until returning to him.  The last time I had weighed was at 209.  This is the number I have been pushing away from.  But hey, I'll take 238.  :-)
 
So as I end today....make a difference today, make a difference for life.
 
Take care and God Bless

1 comment:

DiAnna said...

Beautiful! As someone who has been with you as you have struggled and triumphed from 238, I could not be prouder. You are going to get the rest of the way there and be an example for all of us along the way. You go girl!!!!

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...