Monday, April 27, 2015

A day of growth......a day of remembrance

Today was a day of mixed emotions for me.  My daughter and son had events at church today and for that we needed to dress up.  My son chose a suit, my daughter a beautiful spring dress.  As a mom, we look for the milestones in our children's lives.  Their first step, their first word, their first tooth, their first day at school, even their first sass all stick in your mind.  For me, there are a few more milestones that I don't always want to reflect on.  In the beginning of my diabetes, I was very ill.  I had a tough time managing my blood sugars and found myself hospitalized many times.  While I was in the hospital trying to heal and recover, a whole different type of recovery was occurring at home.  Recovery from fear, anxiety, and the unknown struck my household.  I will never forget the day my son asked if they were keeping his mommy again or the day my daughter asked me if I was not feeling well again.  These images are ingrained in my head like etched stone and shall forever shape me.  On the bright side, look at my beautiful/handsome children and see how they have matured.  While we may not always be proud of the path we took, we should always be proud of the end result.  Remember that in our daily thinking.  Whatever we may do, there is always a reward or a consequence at the end.  It is the fork we choose that brings us there.  Take care and God Bless!

2 comments:

Mom & Pop said...

Wow, beautiful....This is amazing.

A lot of firsts are anticipated in our lives but you never think you will have to deal with a sickness. The kids have evolved so far from taking care of their cars, or their dolls and now they have came to grips with you and your diabetes. I am glad that you chose the fork that has brought so much happiness and love. We see and feel it every day with you and yours.

What a great inspiration to all.

We love you,

Mom & Pop

DiAnna said...

Great pics! It is hard seeing your kids grow; yet, I am always grateful to know they are stronger and bigger and safer because of it. Plus, the things they do now are so amazing it almost (almost :)) makes you glad to see them get older.

Love you

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...