Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Gazelle Intensity

Gazelle you say?  Well yes, I did.  This term comes from Dave Ramsey, the author of Financial Peace University and Total Money Makeover.  He says live like no one else, so that later you can live like no one else.  I have began a new journey in my life.  Financial Freedom.  While my husband and I do ok, money is always a stressor for us.  So, we have committed to making changes together.  I have always been the primary budgeter in the house which has worked, but it puts quite a bit of stress on me.  So, now, as a team, we will be working together. Yay!

Gazelle intensity, however, can be applied in many ways to our lives.  Often times, we go through life on a bucking horse holding on to the reigns hoping not to fall off.  Lately, I have been doing quite a bit of soul searching.  I have found that it is my time.  My time to grab the spurs and take control of my bucking horse.  This searching has come out in many aspects of my life. 

As a mom, we go through times in which it is just easier to sit back and let life happen.  However, sometimes this will backfire.  I have found that in my family. Kids need structure, without it they drown.  So, my husband and I have began to restructure our parenting.  We have reestablished chores and a commission system (Not an allowance, they have to earn their wages)  We have also had several discussions with the kids about our expectations.  While this may be a slight culture shock for them, I know we are making the right call!

As a wife, we all fall into mom/dad mode instead of husband/wife mode.  I have decided to search and renew my partnership with my husband through support and unconditional love

Medically, I have already begun to make changes and will continue the self care needed to feel healthy.

This blogging journey is very healthy for me and I think lets people in to the life of a bipolar, diabetic mom who struggles just like everyone else.  Thanks for being a part of it!

Have a great day

2 comments:

Mom & Pop said...

Yay for you and your family. I know it is hard to be the parent sometimes and as you say just cruise by. The kids will be better in their life to have had the structure you two are providing. They can use it in their lives. This will teach them responsibilities and that nothing is gained for doing nothing it will show them how hard you all work to provide for them. We are so proud of you all and your blog.

We love you,

Mom & Pop

DiAnna said...

Good changes all around. We could learn a thing or 2 from your logic.

Small changes make big outcomes!

Love you
Di

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...