Monday, March 30, 2015

Momentum

Momentum is such a funny word to me.  There are so many ways to use that word.  Scientifically, Physically, but for me it is a word full of emotion.  Sometimes in life, we get stuck in a rut and need someone to kick you in the tush and give you momentum.  Sometimes we can find momentum within.  For me, I have found momentum in transparency.  For years, I have lived a life where I have kept a mask on, sometimes many.  Through therapy and life lessons, I have learned that masks must be peeled off to live in reality.  I recently think I have peeled off my last mask of bipolar disorder.  While I still have acceptance issues, I am no longer ashamed of who I am.  Yesterday, I went over to visit my brother and his wife.  I spent almost 3 hours there talking. Yes, me, talking.  It was probably the best visit I have ever had with them.  He is almost 7 years my senior and we don't get a lot of time to talk.  But, this was it, this was the time.  The funny thing is, in transparency, you find acceptance and common ground with others.  That perfection word that I love so much just can't exist if you have truly pulled off the mask.  Back to momentum, I have found a lot of momentum this week.  Mentally, I know that God created me just the way I am for a reason and feel that I will be able to encourage others with my transparency.  Diabetically, I had a really good weekend with my blood sugars and am encouraged that as I continue to maintain my regimen it will only get easier.  And last of all Physically.  This last week, I began to really address my weight issue.  A began to count every calorie that entered my mouth and made some adjustments to my normal routine of food.  In doing so, I lost FIVE pounds.  Talking about a sling shot.  Above all this though, I am learning that we all encounter bumps in our road and rapids in our canoes.  But, if we seek transparency and honesty with ourselves and others, things will get easier and you will have a support system surrounding you to hold onto the steering wheel and stable to oar of your canoe.  God Bless you all

2 comments:

Mom & Pop said...

What a great blog. I know we all have masks and sometimes it is really really hard to pull those off because you don't want to put yourself out there for judging by others and yourself. Glad you are pulling them off and really enjoying life around you. Keep up the work.

Keep rowing with that oar and you know we are all there helping your momentum to keep rowing away.

Love,

Mom & Pop

DiAnna said...

That is a good way to start a Monday! Congrats on all of it and especially on the 5 lb. loss! You are rocking it girl. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Great blog! Loved it.

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...