Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Stinkin Thinkin

Plateaus are an interesting thing in this battle we face against weight loss.  Sometimes, you know you are all in and still hit one.  Other times, you aren't engaged and hit one.  I am somewhere in the middle and right in the depths of a bad one.  So, for about a month, I have been teetering around the same weight.  Frustration for me often equals lack of motivation.  Lack of motivation for me in my mind equals failure.  Failure in my mind means to give up.  This is what my counselor and I refer to as stinkin thinkin. I have been thinking a lot this past week about my plateau and realize this plateau isn't about weight.  I'm at a new fork and I need to pick a path.  I can either continue down my stinkin thinkin path or choose a brighter one.  Today is a fresh start and the day I say I commit to taking a new path.  Now here is the choice I make.  I often times will say I am going to "fix" this.  What this leads to is an all or nothing fix.  The all fixes don't stick.  So today, I will recommit to taking the new path one small step at a time.  I will go to the gym tonight and meet with my trainer and go all in.  I will adjust my diet by one snack today and continue to make little stabs at adjusting it.  I am blessed to be surrounded by support and love in this journey and am thankful to have those accountability partners.  Thanks for listening!  Take care and God Bless

2 comments:

DiAnna said...

Man, stinkin thinking gets us all. It drains us of confidence and pushes us to stop trying, stop feeling, stop being...but you are challenging that approach every day and winning. I love that you may find yourself back in the place of stinkin thinking but now you just visit briefly instead of hanging out for months :). Proud of you! One step is the only way to travel great distances. One step at a time!

Mom & Pop said...

Wow you have such a way with words. You are making the most life changing decisions and handling like a pro. To train with a trainer and succeed. It is hard. What a wonderful example you are for your children. You may take a wrong turn once in a while but you always find your way so no more "stinkin thinkin" and on to smell the roses. You got this girl and will make it through.
Love you
Mom & Pop

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...