Friday, September 23, 2016

My Journey


jour·ney

ˈ

noun: an act of traveling from one place to another.

                 Almost a year and a half ago I began a journey to a healthier me.  It began as an effort to lose weight, but has transformed into much more.  It has become a journey of self discovery.  I am learning that weight loss cannot only be measured by the number on the scale.  I am also learning that no matter where I am on the pathway, I must not give up.  The numbers have not moved the way I would like to say they have, but I am still pushing on.

                I have learned a lot about myself in the past year and a half.  I AM STRONG:  I am able to do far more than I ever thought I would be able to.  I AM BRAVE: I have stepped out of my comfort zone and learned new things in the process.  I AM LOVED: I have learned the importance of surrounding myself with a support group who is on their own journey.  I AM NOT ALONE: By being transparent about my journey, I have realized that everyone is on their own journey with battles and you should never feel like you are the only one on the pathway.

1 comment:

DiAnna said...

I really love this piece of writing. It is everyone's story and yet yours uniquely. Keep plugging away at the goal and you will get there! Love you

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...