Thursday, September 8, 2016

Living Beyond Yourself

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."  Galatians 5: 22-23

So I asked my counselor, is it a good idea to join a small group at church right now.  Her answer was no that I shouldn't take anything else on right now.  But......what does she know.....she's only the professional. 

Anyhow, I went against the odds and dove in head first last night.  See, I have been in a spiritual rut.  I have been consumed with external stresses and not been able to focus on anything.  I made the decision that I needed to surround myself with the word and other believers and I'm glad I did.

Last night was the first night of the Bible study.  It is from 630-830 on Wednesday nights.  There was a large group of 18 women last night. It is called Living Beyond Yourself-Exploring the Fruit of the Spirit by Beth Moore.  It is an hour long video by Beth Moore, discussion and prayer time with homework.  ARGH HOMEWORK.  :-)  This is why I wasn't supposed to take anything else on.   In the past though, I have given up.  I didn't do my work, so I just gave up.  This time, I commit to being different.  I will do what I can.  And if I don't get it done, I commit to showing up still. 

Sometimes that's all we have in life.  The ability to show up.  We may feel defeated or tired, but we still show be it mentally or physically.

Here's the good news that Beth talked about in the introduction last night.  I CAN BE DIFFERENT!  She said "We have a now God"  God can change our lives now, day to day.  It doesn't have to be a production.  It isn't reserved for anyone else.  It's ours to claim.  We can fill our self with the spirit of God now. 

I have always felt inferior in the Spiritual department discounting the realities.  Saying, well He isn't referring to me in that passage.

I can't wait to see what the Lord has in mind for me as I progress through this study!

Take care and God Bless!

No comments:

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...