Friday, August 28, 2015

I'm in the Know

This morning, I was able to see my lifeline, AKA my counselor.  When I feel like I am flailing, I make an appointment and stabilization begins to occur.  Today we worked on fighting fear with facts.  Fear/Anxiety are difficult for me.  By nature, I am a worrier.  I worry about worry.  :-)  When I am in a worry state of mind, I begin to struggle with reality.  This is partly where I have been for the past week.  So here is what I know about myself:  I know that I have a process in place that helps me manage my diabetes.  I know that healthy eating and exercise are helping me to feel better in many aspects of my day.  I know that staying in touch with my support system is a vital part of my success.  I also know that taking my medication, monitoring my moods, and depending on my support system are helping me to control my bipolar episodes.  See, when I am in worry mode, I feel like I have to reinvent the wheel in all aspects of my life.  The truth is, that sometimes, we just need to slow down and get an alignment.  By recognizing the facts we are able to combat some of the unknowns.  Or if nothing else, we are able to shift our focus to things that may truly need our attention. 

So, today.....stay in the know.  Don't worry about the unknowns and savor the moment.  Take each bite of the cake as though it was the last bite!

Take care and God Bless

1 comment:

DiAnna said...

So true. Someone once told me managing your life is like learning to drive. Big shifts of the wheel are rarely needed but just a little touch here or there keeps you running better. I like how you are starting to make the small tweaks versus the big moves of the wheel. Keep it up!

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...