Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Mind Over Matter

Ahhhh....the cravings.   Our bodies are so good at playing mental games with us.  For 2 weeks I have been struggling with food.  Well, I guess I'm not struggling with it cuz I am eating everything in sight....lol.  Reality is though, it's not funny.  I can't stand it when you aren't hungry and yet, you have the munchies.  Boredom and Depression are triggers for me.  Last week, I was on a pretty drastic downslide from my manic episode so it manifests itself in depression.  I just couldn't stay on track.  Every day I was eating more than my calories allotted.  This week, I have been struck with a lack of things to keep my mind occupied.  Thus, my mind become occupied on food.  While I have made some wise choice on what I eat, I have also made some poor ones.  The truth is.....exercise isn't everything.  While it helps, the food is a key part of success.  Every day is a new start, a new chance at success.  Success....hmm....the backwards way we measure that.  You are a success if you are making even one step in the right direction.  For me, I have a difficult time accepting it.  Black and White I am.....All or nothing.  But, as my sister says.....did you do something today that you may not have done previously?  Then you are succeeding.  So, whether it be a monumental thing or a small step in the right direction, we must give ourselves credit for where we have been, where we are, and where we will be tomorrow and forever in the future.  So, until next time....I shall live in the moment.  Savor every bite of my life and continue to succeed.  God Bless and Take Care

No comments:

Digging out of the Dark with Christ

Happy 2024! Many leap into the year with joy as a new beginning has come. But for me, I have been in the depths of a deep depressive Bipol...